2013-2014 SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCEMENTS
Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
MISSION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Society of Asian Art of Hawai’i, Inc. promotes the pursuit of higher education by awarding scholarship grants to deserving Hawai’i college or university students studying Asian art.
TYPES AND AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIPS
The Scholarship Program is funded from contributions from individuals and organizations as well as fund-raising activities conducted by the Society. for 2013-2014. The Society typically awards $1,000.00 to $4,000.00 in varying amounts, to several students from the following sources:
1. Rhoda E. A. Hackler Asian Art Scholarship Fund
A Scholarship (amount to be determined) is awarded to a student or students majoring in art with a concentration in Asian art. Eligible applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate art-related major with a concentration in Asian art. Concentration means the courses being taken are primarily in the field of Asian art and lead to a degree in this area.
2. Society of Asian Art of Hawai’i Scholarship Fund
Two or more scholarships (amounts to be determined) are awarded to students enrolled in undergraduate or graduate Asian art-related courses but not necessarily majoring in art.
Award amounts and scholarship sources are determined by the SAAH Inc. Scholarship and Grant Committee depending on the availability of funds
• Applicant must be a Hawai’i resident at time of application and plan to take academic coursework related to Asian art during the 2013-2014 periods.
• Applicant must be a registered college or university student with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale at the time the scholarship is used.
• Applicant must complete the application and provide all required documents by the stated deadline. The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to request supplemental materials from any applicant.
• Previous scholarship awardees are eligible to reapply. However, bachelor and master degree awardees are limited to two awards in total and doctoral degree awardees are limited to three awards in total.
The completed application and all supporting documents are due by Wednesday July 31, 2013. Absolutely no deadline extensions or exceptions will be granted. Awards will be announced sometime during summer of 2013 and scholarship checks will be presented to recipients at the Society’s first evening meeting in September (date to be determined).
Please retain the above information for your personal use and do NOT include with your scholarship application.
Click here for the SAAH Scholarship Application 2013-14.